Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

19 years later

Six weeks isn't enough to make a distinct difference.

Sure, it could start this week, but things definitely don't change overnight. I don't suddenly just harness the ability to withstand feeling hurt when past wrongs slam right into my guts unannounced. I don't miraculously undo the complexes I've built in the past nineteen years in forty two days.

Change takes time, and time heals everything.

I was challenged today to give myself nineteen more years. Nineteen years, to work towards the oblivion I realize I've needed all this while.

Oblivion, to completely forget and possibly, not know of the pains of the past. Oblivion, a synonym of forgiveness. Oblivion, a pronunciation of love, which keeps no record of wrongs.

Oblivion, originating in the endless mercies and immeasurable grace of God.

Nineteen years later, I will cease to be affected by the temperament of others, and will be able to differentiate who I am from those I love, whose impact in my life has been profound.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.  
- Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment