Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Freedom is elusive

There are times where I am tempted to give up on this faith, and succumb to temptation once and for all. "This is too difficult," I reason. "I am not improving anyway. I might as well be free."

But selling out on Christ does not mean freedom. It means chains - a mere transfer of bondage to righteousness, to sin.

And it doesn't stop there. The more we feed ourselves, our own selfish desires - the worse we become. One day it will all culminate into this utter monstrosity, and at that point there will be no return.

And while such burn in hell, they are not to be pitied - in affliction, they will curse God.

I am grateful for the hope that is in Christ; for I have been grafted into God's family by grace through faith - I, a wretched sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment