Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Fam bang

Lately, it seems to me that the tables have been turned in the family. I'm being put in my parents' shoes, and I'm beginning to see their cares and concerns.

Yet, there are some things I still don't see. For one, I'm not sure if the family dynamics have changed at home, or they've always been the same, but that I've just forgotten. The ridiculous sounding arguments, the lack of communication and just people pushing each other's buttons due involuntarily because we all aren't working as a team, it's all happening yet again.

I'm tempted to just forget about it and do whatever I like. Just go out any time I like, find friends whenever I can and stay out all night without a care in the world about what goes on at home.

But I won't. It's not that my parents force me to, but I just won't.

Because I don't want to. I don't want to give up on us being a family. I don't want to get pissed off about the problems we face at home and accept defeat. I don't wanna let the little things get in between the greater joy of being a cohesive unit.

His grace isn't just enough to hold me up, it's sufficient to hold all of us up. This family.

I trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment