Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nuggets : Fragile

In the past eighteen years of my life, it never occurred to me how a shift of events in a split second could be the difference between life and death.

I am still in a state of trauma at the moment, after almost getting hit by a car while I was crossing the road to get to my house. I can almost envision my corpse lying motionless on the damp asphalt ground, carpeted by a pool of blood. I can almost imagine the state of utter bewilderment and shock of the driver as my body forcefully comes into contact with the car bonnet. I mentally writhe in pain as I see myself lose consciousness from the impact, while struggling to stray away from the physical affliction that progressively engulfs me. I envision a nearby patrol guard rushing over to examine what has occurred before making calls to the authorities, followed by a number of people coming out of their households to observe the commotion. I mentally watch as my parents rush outdoors, taken by curiosity, only to find their eldest daughter bleeding profusely on the ground, clearly destined to pass into the void. A series of pandemonium and chaos erupts not long after as I lay there helplessly, awaiting the arrival of an ambulance, which I assume has been notified and is coming to my rescue.

But I am still alive.

I was fortunate enough that the bus driver, who was about to be on his way after I stepped down from the bus, noticed I wasn't aware of the oncoming car and slammed the horn in order to prevent me from taking another step onto the road. I am really so grateful to God that I took heed and stopped dead in my tracks, for that might have been the end of me. Honestly, I don't think I will ever consider taking my own life ever again after what happened earlier. As far as my suicidal propensities go, I have come to my senses that life is a valuable prospect and if we aren't careful, it could end with such ease.

Life may seem a tedious and difficult prospect, but it is a gift no one but God can give. And for that, I am grateful for my existence, for the fact that I am a living soul - for Christ preserved my life by giving up His.

I'm sorry God, for constantly taking life for granted.

I thank you that you've blessed me with this amazing and exceptional gift called life. Never again will I view what you have bestowed upon me in the same manner as I once used to.

Thank you, Father :')

No comments:

Post a Comment