Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Nuggets : Dance Floor Anthem



I know my post title does not correlate with the subject matter but heck, it's been 6 years since I last listened to Good Charlotte and I'm too bewildered right now to actually mind what anyone says about me and my life anyway. And yes, I do realize whatever I just said is totally defeatist of its intended purpose for obvious reasons; nevertheless, I digress.

Anyways, here is a list of some pretty kick ass things that occurred today :

1. I received a perfect ten (yet again) for my essay. Except that it was really a poem and not an essay, and it was a reflective one. My lecturer kinda just said heck, write whatever you want as long as it's about crime so I went ahead and allowed my inner penitentiary warden/philosophe take over. Anyway, she complimented me on my poem and asked me if I ever considered taking up creative writing which of course I resounded with a duh before carefully pointing out that creative writing classes would clash with my Chemistry lab sessions next semester while upholding a composed demeanor, given that I was squealing with joy innately.

If only ENG101 actually was actually transferable and accounted for something. But alas, the odds are not in my favour. Which brings me to my next point.

2. The teaser for Catching Fire is finally out! While there is still no sign of Finnick Odair or Johanna Mason, there are waaaaaaaaay too many scenes of Katniss, Peeta and the chaos that unfolds in Panem instead of the scenes of the arena. I'm only hoping that this sequel will prove to be worthy in terms of cinematography because the last one was extremely unstable and shaky that I felt nauseous throughout the entire film.

There's this thing - it's called four points of stabilization. Newbies, ugh.

Also, the fact that the entire movie relied on one's initiative in reading the actual book to fathom what the characters were thinking in crucial scenes pretty much spoiled it for non-Hunger Games addicts while the fighting scenes were a total nuisance for those who knew what was coming. You couldn't even see what was going on when the contestants were involved in a brawl with the mutts. Heh. Anyhow, despite my prior disappointment with the first Hunger Games movie, I'm genuinely looking forward to this one and I just hope it will tie in appropriately, if not accurately with the actual plot.

3. I bumped into Men Yee in the bus today. It was pretty awkward though, since all I really wanted to do was just zonk out on the seat until I arrived home although I had a friend whom I have not spoken to in months next to me. But yeah, it was nice bumping into her again, although I do have to say I miss the outgoing, hilarious Men Yee from high school who was unlike the lethargic, awkward girl who sat next to me in the bus.

4. I got to be the REAL me today - no insecurities, no pretenses. And for that, I am happy :)

That is all. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment