Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nuggets : Overthinking

Over thinking literally kills. You don't just suddenly jump into the conclusion that the best solution to a problem is to commit suicide - it surfaces as a consequence of delving in over-analysis and the fabrication of untruths we choose to believe in.

While my suicidal propensities are now the thing of the past, the sudden return of the insomnia I was once affected by in childhood prompted me to ponder upon the intricacies of over thinking; as if ruminating over my misfortunes wasn't already a daunting prospect. I don't know about my fellow insomniacs, but my inability to fall asleep with ease is accredited to analysis paralysis. My mind spends hours roaming aimlessly through various thoughts, birthing new conclusions with each mental endeavor or in Shakespeare's words, "sickled o'er by the pale cast of thought".

I shouldn't continue probing for a valid explanation towards this phenomenon, really. Admiring the Centipede's dilemma hasn't provided any solutions to my dilemma. Moreover, I am slowly diagnosing myself with various psychological theories, such as the concept of "extinct by instinct" (which by the way is a total opposite of analysis paralysis) as I attempt to ex cogitate on what went wrong in the past week. But as much as my inquisitive nature prompts me to do so, I must restrain myself at once.

And I will. Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment