Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Churning it out

So today has been quite bearable in juxtaposition to the past few days. I no longer feel paranoid as I walk down the hallways as I was a few days back, and I'm slowly regaining my life from the shackles of fabricated misery in my mind. There are occasions whereby my thoughts tend to overshadow reality, but overall I've been kept busy enough for the entire day to retain sufficient composure. Moreover, the sudden revelation that my finals are precisely a month away has stirred up a spirit of urgency within me. There is just so much to be done throughout the next few weeks that leaves me no time to immerse myself in agony.

Ah, my readers. I should not bore all of you (existent or vice versa) with the accounts of my mental health. If I continue to proceed in such fashion in the days to come, I won't be surprised if my readership (if I even had one in the first place) comes to a decline. So instead, I will enlighten you about what has been ACTUALLY happening, away from the product of my mental concoctions.

After more than 2 weeks of anticipation, I finally received my Calculus I test paper back. I won't say the wait has been entirely agonizing, but I can't say either that my marks have left me without dread. After all, I didn't do as well as the others did. However, I guess I'm rather satisfied to have received a 79 for the test, since I'd expected to fail. To an Olympiad, this may seem like an abomination, given that Calculus I is pretty much JUST an extension of high school math and is relatively easy; but to me, it was a pretty good score. Since I score full marks for two of the quizzes I did before, my current average has amounted to 88%, which  gives me a current GPA of 3.70, which is arguably good. Not a 4.00 I know, but it's close enough.

As of now, I'm starting to fear the outcome of this semester. I won't say I'm totally hopeless at Math, but all the time I've wasted falling asleep and being inattentive in class has certainly taken it's toll on me. I haven't been practicing questions diligently and today, as a final resort, I approached my friend from another Math class and downloaded every available Math question set from his Times account. I'll commence a full-fledged Math rehabilitation program beginning tomorrow and I can only hope and pray that my efforts will not be in vain, provided that I do not fall short and abandon my progress.

On a lighter note, I've finally pre-registered for my summer semester courses after a much agonizing wait, thanks to the new system that prioritizes by seniority, ugh. Anyhow, tentatively I'll be taking Microeconomics, Cross-cultural communications, Fundamentals of Chemistry as well as the much dreaded Malaysian Studies in the following semester. It's an unexpected combo though since I initially opted for a 2+1 subject combo which included Sociology I instead of Microeconomics. However, since Sociology I was completely full, I chose Microeconomics instead and added in Cross-cultural comm just to fit the bill as my lecturer was pretty adamant on me taking 3 subjects instead of 2. This arrangement isn't permanent though as I just might drop Microeconomics and add in General Psych instead, since it will allow me to complete my core subjects as soon as possible. My fingers are crossed on transferring to the States next fall, and hopefully I will be able to do so with God's grace :)

Well, it's been a productive day. And I'm out.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment