Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

A mental note


1. When people ask, "How are you?", do not ever go beyond a simple "I'm fine, thank you." Always assume that such gestures are out of courtesy and that not everyone is genuinely interested in how you're really feeling.
2. When being introduced to another person, always make it a point to personally introduce yourself by offering a handshake to the person being introduced to. Never just stand there awkwardly and ponder upon what was missing during the entire encounter before finally realizing you should have had some initiative.

So those were just a couple of things I constantly need to remind myself to abide by, each and every day of my life. I'm a strange kid, really. It might seem like common sense to most people, but I've lived with an inferiority complex far too long that I haven't quite established those rules in my social life. However, I am currently taking the initiative to do so by jotting it down, so I don't easily forget.

I'd really love to write more, but unfortunately, my finals start this Friday and will only end next Wednesday. And even then, I'll probably be off on a presumably grandiose escapade for about a day or two at a familiar setting and then some, so you'll have to wait a bit if you want a substantial post with pictures and what not.

Meanwhile, go ahead and enjoy your very lives to the fullest. It really is more interesting than you make it to be, if only you'd take it upon yourself to discover what it is.

God bless all of you, and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment