Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

I see things differently

I see things differently
Be it emotions
Or perhaps a literal question
My viewpoint is different

When I see anger
When I see withdrawal
I don't see selfishness
I don't see a mood swing
He is just a boy
Asking why he cares so much
Waiting for a word from anyone
Wondering why his value on friendship
Marginally surpasses theirs

When I see sadness
When I see suffering
I don't thank God that I'm not
I don't pretend I know
She is a strong girl
Having faith in a greater purpose
Pulling herself through the pain
Knowing she'll make it through

When I see a question
When I see an actual question
I begin to think
I wonder why
When you ask how I will ever make it
I assume you think I never will
When you label me a certain way
I would think you mean it
Even if you don't

Time
And time again
I try
I try not to think
I think that I overthink
But sometimes
To merely think
Is not to think at all
And to overthink, is to think

What if
What if we share the same lens
What if we see the same things
You and I
We need to affirm each other
To conquer the shallow things of this world
To remember not just to see the world as what it is
But to see it as what it really is


___________________________


They say I'm sensitive, and I try not to complicate things by thinking too much. But when no one understands why people behave the way they do, or are as they are, I know.

Because we share the same ability to see things, differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment