Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Joshwosh

I used to think real friends were people who knew better than to push all your buttons, on the grounds of being understanding. I thought friends were better off passive, with hopes that they'd let me discover on my own that I am more than the monster my past has made me.

But if there’s one thing I've learned from you Josh, it’s that real friendship isn’t easy.

And so is teamwork, especially when two parties are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to getting things done, even though Facebook always insists we're very similar by encouraging everyone else to tag you as me in CF photos.

Anyhow, thank you for never giving up on me and continually chastising me for being too uptight and kiasu and all a list of other things that summarize me into some kind of 4.0 control freak. I gotta admit, it was a little painful hearing it at first, but I learned to deal with it and go back to God and re-evaluate my attitude and my faith. I might not agree with you on certain things, but I learned to deal with different opinions and criticism because of that.

I know for a fact that real friends are HONEST friends, and you were honest enough to tell me straight in the face about my issues, and that I had to face them and stop running away. Also, thank you for being understanding during my low moments, by keeping silent and letting God deal with me. I know that I’m a lot better now as a person because God used you to speak to me. You're probably having a ball reading this now because you have the "last laugh". Hahaha, GO AHEAD, laugh, it's okay :)

But hey, we've had great moments in the committee as well. Thanks for driving me to my car at the 3rd Eiffel Tower after Bio class, for having such great taste in music (COLDPLAY!), and for pulling CF together alongside Hee Sung and I during the “Internship Neglect” era. Thanks mate for some of the greatest laughs I've had in uni – you've really taught me to hang loose (ba dum tss). Personally I also think you’ve changed quite a bit, from that last-minute, just-wing-it kind of guy into a responsible and considerate guy (won’t call you a man just yet ha), and I'm pretty sure it's not just Voon Ann who has to do with it. It's really Him up there, working in your life. God has really changed you in the span of a couple of months, and I hope your growth won't stop there.

Though I have mixed feelings about you leaving, but I know I'll definitely miss having you around here. Thanks again for the postcard, and for the guitar pick. I've been meaning to get a pick for a while now, but now I don't have to cuz I have one. And really, don't apologize. Whatever's in the past has been forgotten. Let's just look forward to starting afresh and glorifying God in the States!

Goodbye for now, Joshwosh. Stay on fire for God!


No comments:

Post a Comment