Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Love strength

Yes, yew. I'm talking about Yew, Ai Li.

Well, what a way to begin a farewell post. But I suppose you would've expected nothing less from me. I just hope you like my pun as much as I do myself (hehe).

Dear Ai Li,

I honestly feel that our friendship has been way too short. I only seriously got to know you for about three semesters (HIST102? Mehh) from when I met you in IPC class. At that time I didn't think we'd make good friends because you seemed pretty reserved, but now that almost an entire year of makan and amusement has gone by, I think I can actually call you a friend. Not just any friend, a TRUE friend.

I hope you're not lactose intolerant because I know that was cheesy. Ha-ha.

Anyway, thank you GeGirl for all that we've had during this brief period of friendship. Thank you for always being such a great sport when it comes to trying new things (and by things I really just mean food). Thank you for the heartwarming and mind-blowing conversations we've had. Thank you for putting up with my impromptu emo stances and sudden surges of energy that compel me to attack everyone with jokes lame enough to paralyze Usain Bolt. Thank you for the times you drove me to school when my car got into an accident. Thank you for bringing your brother to Sofia's house because now I realize I don't actually want a younger brother anymore. Thank you for giving me a great laugh when you become silly, regardless whether by circumstance or by choice.

But in all seriousness though, thank you for teaching me to let it go let it go can't hold it back any and live. You probably might be oblivious to this, but you've taught me a great deal about making the most out of life.

Having read your stories on your blog, I can really see that you've come a long way. I might not have known who the old Ai Li was compared to the one I know now, or perhaps you are still the same Ai Li you once were, but I can truly say that you've grown to some extent and you're still growing too. I really admired how you just decided you'd climb Mount Kinabalu and actually went ahead and did it, on your own initiative! If there's one thing I can relate to you about, it's probably the fact that we both have many aspirations, and that we have a bucket list of things we'd wanna do while we're still alive. Seeing you accomplish the things you've set out to achieve is amazing, and it inspires me to do the same too. I'm slowly gaining momentum on ACTUALLY GETTING THINGS DONE now, so I guess that's great, but yeah, I really wanted to know that you've taught me that and it has been a blessing in my life. So thank you, and I hope you're encouraged to hear this.

Nevertheless, there are so many more lessons we have yet to learn in life. Ai Li, I pray that you won't give up, in whatever you do. If you ever hear that voice in your head telling you that maybe you can't do it, tell it to shut up or else Vivian will personally go all the way to Indiana to rebuke you! (trust me, it ain't pretty when I rebuke stuff) Okay lah, I don't think I am financially ready to go several states away just to blast your insecurities, but you get my point. Don't let it get to you. Always remember that you are WONDERFULLY and FEARFULLY made in His image, and that YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS YOU. Make sure that sticks, if anything. Continue to be a blessing to others, and treat everyone with kindness and compassion oh and don't worry be happy hehe.

Well, this has been lengthy. Before I spare you from the wrath of my long-windedness, I'd like to say I'm sorry if there was anything I may have said or done that dishonored you as a friend or hurt your feelings. I want you to know that I never meant any of it (even the jokes above are for purposes of humor and humor ONLY). I hope you can forgive me if any such instances have occurred, and that we can look past it and move on. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to refrain from making fun of if it really bothers you. I will do it, just for YEW. Okay everything except the puns. I GET TO KEEP THE PUNS.

I hope this gave you an idea of what our friendship has meant to me. I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless you and have a safe trip. Toodles!

Your exclusively hilarious friend,
Viviannnnnnn


1 comment:

  1. HAHA. I just saw this. :') but super touched. I will always appreciate your lame, intellectual sense of humour. hoho. Thank you Vivian.

    ReplyDelete