Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Miss you

Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head.

So I woke up this morning and unconsciously started mentally singing to Blink 182 and I have to say, the tune is probably going to stick around for quite a bit. I was involuntarily up at the ungodly hour of six since I slept at half past nine last night so I fiddled with my phone and checked my Facebook for any new messages. Finding nothing, I retreated back underneath my blanket and slept for another hour. I then woke up at 7 to begin on my History Facebook post and I'm glad that I've completed it. It's due on Tuesday, but I try to avoid procrastinating as frequently as possible especially when the matter revolves around one of my most favoured subjects.

I usually don't sleep that early but for some peculiar reason I already found myself so exhausted by eight o' clock last night. I tried hard to keep myself awake by drinking large amounts of water since I told myself I'd study mass communications at night but I immediately felt like zonking out once I'd finished reading the notes about the Internet and social media. I then averted my gaze to the textbook as an attempt to distract myself from the fatigue I was ensconced it, but in vain. As I leafed through the pages casually, I figured I was good to go since I'd read that chapter way ahead of time and hence, I carried on with the usual prayer routine and went straight to bed.

Honestly, I do think my fatigue can be accredited to the lack of sleep and the flurry of activity I endured during the acting camp session yesterday. My arms are aching pretty badly from all the trust exercises I performed that it's even difficult to lift them up and place my palms on my head. It was difficult enough free falling in oscillating motions from one person to another (kind of like a pendulum really) but the exercise certainly took a toll on me when it was my turn to support the weight of someone else. I had to withhold the weight of a guy who obviously by his physical stature weighed more than me, before pushing him off to the other end where someone else would support his weight before sending him back over to me and have the immense weight potentially dislocate my shoulder. Well, it isn't dislocated, but my shoulders are aching pretty badly now. I'm only hoping that they recover before my driving test on Tuesday and that no one else is going to make me perform some strenuous exercise that could totally dislocate my already hurt shoulders.

Speaking of driving, I'm pretty confident I'll nail it this time since I've already gotten accustomed to driving after 18 hours of lessons. That's a lot more effort required by me compared to most of my peers, but I dare say it's worth it. Unless I somehow acquire a corrupt road officer for the test, I'm pretty sure the odds are in my favour. All there's left for me to do now is to cross my fingers and surrender the circumstances I cannot change, into God's hands.

And I'm off to get ready for church. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment