Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Greyhound

I do think it is finally safe to say that I have completely withdrawn from post-result blues now that a week has passed since the attainment of my SPM results. Over the week, I've received numerous instinctive queries from family, friends and acquaintances alike as to how I did for my final public examination. Most of them were pretty dumbfounded by my reply. Apparently 9As and 1B screams excellence if you ignore the very fact that it isn't exactly straight As. However, that wasn't the only feedback I received - there was a minority who had the decency to utter, "Shame" pertaining to what society would have deemed impeccable, which was precisely what my result slip advocated had it been a streak of As. Anyhow, I am just glad that I am now over with this part of my life and I can happily adjourn into the upcoming chapters, having already received permanent closure.

On a different and less nostalgic note, this week has been pretty hectic. Honestly, is it just me or are all the lecturers conspiring against the student faculty by putting tests, quizzes and assignment deadlines on the same week? This entire week witnessed as I struggled to complete my History essay draft on the French Revolution while simultaneously studying for my History mid term (which was this morning, by the way). Thanks to this abomination of a subject, I had to forgo a dinner party on Wednesday night, skip all church activities until Friday and spend less time on Skype with the significant other after university hours. Also, while dealing with the intimidating prospect of failing my History, I was expected to do thorough research on capital punishment before attempting an impromptu essay on the same topic, study for my Math test and work on the presentation slides for my mass communications project.

However, now that I've made it through this week, I feel a sense of achievement. My inferiority complex has somewhat been thrust into oblivion and I feel more innate peace now. I could choose to discuss of the emotions I succumbed to over the week but I will desist, for the fear of reinstating the uncertainty I was bombarded with prior to today. After thorough reflection of my week, I can only conclude with this - with all due respect to Nescafe and other proprietors of caffeine-induced products, our dependence on God is the ultimate solution to mental and physical fatigue. As much as I'd like to believe that a 240ml can of Nescafe Ice from the vending machine can supply me with enough energy for my daily sustenance, it really can't. Over time, I've discovered that only God can provide us with enough strength to run this race of endurance, be it spiritually, mentally or physically. It is true - only God can.

So brothers and sisters in Christ, when you are weak - PRAY. When we are weak, God is strong. And thus concludes my sermon today.

Haha, only kidding. I've plenty more to share but I thought I'd end my musings here tonight because I'm finally done with having to study for my History test and I am in no mood to conceal my triumph in having to not use my intellect during the weekend.

Instead, I'm going to post photos I took during my excursion to Bukit Jalil for my mass comm assignment. The theme of this set is textures. For the record, this set is up for criticism and for general appreciation by the photographers and partakers of aestheticism alike. Do enjoy.










Patience is a virtue, readers. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment