Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Iron

Sadly, it isn't an alloy. Well, screw Chemistry!

So what have I been up to lately other than being bombarded by university assignments and Math quizzes, going to Sunway almost every week for the heck of it (and for lunch), scrutinizing and singing to the lyrics of Ed Sheeran's Lego House and chatting with my tuxedo on Whatsapp? I believe by stating all of the above I have merely proven to you just how professional I am now in practicing sarcasm. Or irony. Or satire. Whatever. I'm not studying literature anyway at the moment, so there's no need to go into the details of what all these literary devices mean. Besides, I might bore all you non-existent readers to death anyway.

Anyhow, I think it is pretty safe to say life has been quite productive lately. I'm not constantly lodging complaints about how leisurely ADP has been anymore, so I guess I could say it's an improvement from the past few weeks. I think it'll take a bit more time to get used to the extent of workload I'm adhering to currently, but I believe I'll get accustomed to it eventually. I've participated in a number of co-curricular tournaments as well in the past two weeks and although I was eliminated right at the beginning, I have to say it was quite a refreshing experience. Also, being the kiasu Chinese girl I am, I was forced to come to terms with the daunting prospect of losing. I didn't take it well at first, but I'm now learning that failure isn't permanent and that every failure is a stepping stone to success, at the risk of sounding cliché.

Moreover, there's been some progress in terms of my social life now. There are actually people who can accept me for who I am in spite of how peculiar my interests are and how odd my thought patterns tend to be, and I am inevitably grateful to God for this :) I have quite a number of acquaintances and a few others I think safe to deem my friends, so life hasn't been too shabby thanks to some amazing company. I've had some minor conflicts with one of my friends, but I'm glad I managed to abandon my ego and apologize for my folly before any bonds could have been severed over such superficial pains. I can honestly say that it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do since I hate being wrong, but I'm glad I didn't let a grudge last long. Praise God for that!

On a lighter note, I've been able to do a little photo editing recently after weeks of non-stop activity. Since I haven't been able to come up with something substantial to discuss, I guess I'll let you feast your eyes on some photos I took quite recently.


 


 
More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment