Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

For future reference

I don't know what is about my brain that gets me all awkward and seemingly uncool whenever I adjourn into an impromptu conversation with people about the kind of music we listen to and who in that particular genre we like because when I try thinking of which band/artist/genre I like best I just end up going like, "You know, a lot of stuff" and then when it's over and I'm on my own suddenly a million artists/bands/genres come pouring into my head and all I can afford to say is "Daaaaaayummm".

So in the event that I ever come across such a situation again, I will refer to this post and read out this list for these people because you'd have to be really cool for me to share my musical preferences with you and actually like what you like too because I'm just as cool as you (or not really if I happen to forget again but I hope not).

Okay to be fair, I will only say one thing. I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER COLDPLAY, BECAUSE I LOVE COLDPLAY.

But everything else I will have to put here because I never seem to remember them at the right time although I'm pretty much hooked on em in Spotify.

For the record, these are in no particular order of whatever. Or are they

The Naked And Famous
Bombay Bicycle Club
M83
Stromae
Iron & Wine
Aloe Blacc
Jack Johnson
Sigur Ros
The 1975
Jonsi & Alex (I particularly like Boy 1904)
Foster The People
Switchfoot
The Lumineers
John Legend
Lorde
Nine Days (because Absolutely Story of a Girl was, is and will probably always be my theme song)
Explosions In The Sky
The Neighbourhood
Yuna
The Temper Trap
Clean Bandit
Arcade Fire
The Black Keys

And for Christian music:

Ascend The Hill
Bethel Music
Lecrae
Matt Redman

I probably seem less cool now that I've made this stupid list. And omg I almost every single one of em are male artists/male bands. Oh well, it couldn't be helped.

I need help. Okay bye

No comments:

Post a Comment