Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chemicals React

I don't think I've mentioned this before but I visited a Chemistry Department last Tuesday. There were plenty of exhibitions, experiments and games regarding various concepts of Chemistry to learn about. It was really interested but tiring at the same time because we had about three floors of exhibits to check out, but it was really informative and fun as well. I didn't manage to play all the games or do all the quizzes as I was snapping away for the most part, but I did score a some prizes from the few I played.


Walking in.







A brief explanation on pesticides for fruits and vegetables.





A structure of the DNA molecule.




Miniature model of genetically modified crops and animals on a plain.


Model of various types of bacterium.


A briefing on how to use an electronic pipette.




Since you can adjust the volume to any amount automatically by turning a knob somewhere, it's pretty accurate.


Slow shutter on a colourful orb.


Levitation, duh.


Volcanic eruption initiated by mixing of various chemicals. I don't remember all of them but I'm pretty sure soda bicarbonate was part of it. Sorry.


Translation : Welcome to the world of Biotechnology.


Starting off the next leg of our Chemistry exploration with a quiz.


Earthworms as a provider of fertilizer.


A model of environmental pollution.



Among the waste products that cause pollution.




Some paper leaves with messages as a means of raising awareness regarding conserving the environment.


Water, H2O molecule.


Zhi Jean, happy and smiling :)


Do our part to save mother earth!




The hallway. I thought it looked artsy with the light streaming inside the building.


Observing an exhibit of written work.


Haha silly Men Yee :P

Arrived at school at about 2.20P.M.



Oh look, it's Christopher Cheah!

So yeah, that's about it. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. I'm actually talking to the void though, because according to blog stats I haven't had any hits for a while now :(

Hollar if someone read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment