Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nuggets : Cafe latte and a cream cheese bagel




I'm sorry I had to resort to this just to fill in the gaps. Lately I've been taken hostage by my emotions to the extent whereby I can no longer find emotional release in writing. Having established myself as a writer both by birth and by creed, this really sucks because I've lost the will to utilize words and sentences as a medium of catharsis. And presumably, as we all damn well know, what is a writer, if not an applicant and translator of thoughts into words, and words into text?

But I'm not about to give in. I won't allow myself to be taken aback by this frenzy of temporary emotions that threaten to pull me away from achieving my goals. All things occur for a reason, and I'm not about to let something like this dictate my self-worth. I will search within myself and I WILL FIND IT, by hook or by crook.

Until then, you're just going to have to bear with me. I suggest you start sipping on that cup of coffee and get a cream cheese bagel to complement your choice of beverage.

~

My name is Vivian Teoh.
I am a writer.
I am a strong, independent woman.
I do not rely on one's opinion of me to dictate my worth.
I will not allow my emotions to overwhelm me and reduce me into an impetuous and atrocious freak.
I will carry myself with utter dignity, in spite of my inner anguish,
And I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment