Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Everybody leaves in the end

I guess listening to The Temper Trap while attempting Calculus wasn't a very good idea to begin with, especially since my final quiz is in about an hour.

All my life, I've never really understood what it meant to say goodbye. Does goodbye mean bidding someone farewell for eternity, proclaiming that they're officially out of reach? Or does goodbye suggest the prospect of a temporary hiatus, whereby one is only as distant as the period of their absence? Or is goodbye just something you are obligated to say whenever there is a need to escape, to be ensconced in an alternate reality whose beauty far supersedes that of reality?

While I would be grateful if any of my rhetorical questions actually do possess answers, all these questions do not change the fact that departure is inevitable. People will come, and soon they will go. If there is anything socially substantial that ADP has taught me in the past 5 months, it is that resistance against the system is futile, for those who are destined to depart from your life will eventually do so and those who are called to remain will stay. As of now, it seems that the total number of individuals departing from my life exceeds those who remain and those who have just become my acquaintances show no sign of increase into the level of friend. I guess I am still tied to my inhibitions, and have not completely come out of my shell just yet. Sigh.

But life goes on. I have to keep trusting God and believe that He knows what He's doing, and therefore, I must continue to pursue life as it comes. There really is no other way around it.

So here's to the end of this semester, and the beginning of a new endeavor in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment