Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Penang road trippin' - Day 1

Breakfast at Ipoh before we departed



At the top of Kek Lok Si Temple



The view from the top of Penang Hill


Some colorful binoculars I refused to pay for usage


Love locks @ Penang Hill



Cute owl plushies at The Owl Museum


Signature dessert ABC, or ais batu campur. Essentially it's a shaved ice dessert with kidney beans, flavored syrup and other relevant condiments.


Oyster omelette (also known as 'Oh Chien') @ Anjung Gurney hawker center. This was way overpriced, frankly.


Night shot taken by Gurney Drive. Had no tripod, else there would have been more shots.



I've been to Penang numerous times before that I have not bothered with aimless photographing of all things "Penang". However, I do not frequently visit the island as frequently as I do Ipoh, so I figured I'd go ahead and capture my experience while I was there. Most of the memories are stored in video footage form, which I have not gotten along to compile and publish just yet. The next set of photographs should include a hiking trail, a beach and several museum artifacts. I hope I'll find the time to post them along, since my semester has begun.

On a different note, I attended my first creative writing class today and I received good remarks on my 15-minute impromptu monologue in class. My only issue had to do with delivery, which I agree with, given that I was partly mumbling and did not project my voice well enough. Apart from that, things are certainly looking up. U.S. History was pretty interesting, although I do hope I won't be the only girl in class for the rest of the semester. I did see some familiar faces, however, so I guess that's rather comforting to know. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous having to step into creative writing class since the rest of the class is composed of ADP junkies (which basically are the cool kids). And then there's me.

Well, I guess I'll find my voice soon enough and as long as I do, I will be fine. What's even more comforting than good remarks on the first day of class and familiar faces is the Holy Spirit. He was there even in creative writing, assuring me that I ought to be myself and that I will not have to worry. So I've found that I really can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Praise the Lord!

That's about it, I suppose. I've just spent almost 3 hours in the library editing photos and garnering fashion inspiration while waiting for CF. Prayer meet's about to begin so I ought to go.

Thanks for reading anyways. I love you, whoever you are, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment