Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

18 months

I couldn't come up with a suitable post title so I thought I'd stick with Calvin Harris' album title - 18 Months. It's on my playlist now anyway.

It might be sad watching all my peers begin college tomorrow when I still have 6 more days left before my orientation, but watching them all attend the same college, doing the same course and probably the same subject combination somewhat gives me this pang of loss. I'm just grateful that I have a K-pop concert to attend tomorrow. Also, I'll most probably be having my third driving lesson on Friday, be cooking up a storm so I have something to feed the youths at cell with on Friday as well and there's laser tag and worship practice on Saturday back-to-back. I guess I can say that my days have been and will be pretty productive, but despite my ongoing hipsteria, the flesh does still crave to conform.

I'm honestly hoping my days won't be too lonely in Lakeside. I'm not sure what to expect, but I certainly hope that in the midst of all the pandemonium and the human theatrics, some good will prevail and I will find a true friend. I'll be grateful even if I make just one friend, because honestly, I have a long way to go in honing my communication skills so I don't expect much.

But I know God will give me more than I ask for, so I'd better brace myself for whatever comes.

I guess I'll just list down the few things I managed to do today.

1. Read the third installment of the Artemis Fowl series
2. Make a sandwich (heh)
3. Take a few photographs of random articles around my house in RAW format (badass!)
4. Watch Episode 2 of Downton Abbey S3
5. Write an original short story out of the blue

Unfortunately, I got pretty caught up in my short story that I totally forgot about jogging in the evening. Sigh, I really ought to put in effort and become healthier this year.

Anyways, I guess I'll go spend some time reading the Word and doing my devotion now. So far, so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment