Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I am a lousy Mac user

I've stumbled into realization regarding what a terrible user I am when it comes to using Mac products. Be it the iPad, iPhone or even this Mac computer I'm using here in the university computer lab, I am an injustice to the system itself.

But that isn't the reason why I'm writing this blog post. I was simply bored. Still am, actually.

And I thought it'd be cool to try out a Mac computer, since the normal computer lab with Windows has been closed to the public due to the classes and I feel as if my words are easily intercepted by using the computers outside the lab. Furthermore, my university friend Edmund said he knew how to work the basics on Mac, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Well? I have to say, it's pretty fun. The monitor is gigantic so I don't have to switch between tabs and since I'm using Safari, Twitter is actually compatible for once. The Windows lab is still stuck in the past with it's XP interface so I guess it's an improvement, although the speed of the internet is much, much slower. Or perhaps it's because of my own incompetence. But I digress.

So, the previous post... What's up with that? I can't help but wonder if there were any readers to begin with who actually bothered to scrutinize my writings and comprehend the meanings behind them. I could totally dismiss this fact, but I choose to allow the benefit of the doubt to linger on since my blog seems to be having a stream of readers, albeit a slow and minute stream but a stream, nevertheless. Anyhow, I decided to strike out the previous post because I simply thought it wouldn't matter any longer to dwell on what I concluded much too early. While The Boy often seeps into my thoughts every once in a while, I'm somewhat able to subdue my inner hopelessly romantic inclinations and focus on the task I have at hand, which is to succeed in university. Also, the facts have somewhat changed in my favor, but I have come to accept that with this new revelation, I must learn to emphasize on what is important and hence dismiss these mere feelings that aren't even fundamental to begin with.

Speaking of which, I'm actually beginning to enjoy my university life. I've made a few friends since my orientation and while I'm not extremely close to any of them, I guess I'm just grateful I actually have company. After all, I'm not exactly well known for being socially adept. As of late, I've been hanging out with these two guy friends of mine regularly during breaks and what not. I do have other friends as well who are girls but I'm still in the process of getting to know them, which I hope will prove successful in the days to come. Contrary to what I've heard before I began university, everyone here is pretty friendly. I don't seem to be having any serious conflicts with anyone and I think it's probably due to the matter of perception. Overall, I'm having a good time in university and I'm grateful enough to have found friends, although I have yet to find the eloquent and fluent peer here. There is literally no one at all in university who even come close to the intellectual bunch I was a part of in high school. I can only hope that the truth of the matter is that they aren't absent but are just invisible, and will come out of hiding soon enough just as I'm attempting to break free from my own reservations, albeit progressively.

Anyhow, that's all I have to say for today. My palms are getting sweaty no thanks to this ridiculously flat keyboard I'm using to type this post. Also, I will be having my History lesson soon and I told myself I'd complete my English assignment on campus since I'll probably be too tired to even do anything tonight.

And I'm out. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment