Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

A standard Friday

No, not really. At least, that's not what a typical Friday will be like once I'm off to college. I hope.

I can't believe it's already the 4th. Just a few days ago, it was New Year's Day. And yet it still feels like New Year's Day. Every single day feels like the 1st. It feels new altogether. It's still seeping in my veins, this It's a sensation that has yet to be rid, but altogether it's not a bad thing.

Except the part where I become exceptionally restless due to the lack of activity.

Sure, I fill my days with hours of reading Artemis Fowl, writing excerpts of novels that will probably end up forgotten, watching reruns of Downton Abbey and Hot in Cleveland for the umpteenth time and occasionally, committing myself to doing household chores. The only thing that makes today exceptional is probably the fact that I planted a tree today. That's if you count an aloe vera plant, a tree. It's more of a shrub really. Heck, I don't know and I honestly don't care. Other than that, I don't seem to be doing anything productive or potentially beneficial towards myself and mankind.

As I'm typing this and slowly rotting to death, my accomplice Natalie is in Kuala Lumpur, probably having fun shopping with her aunt. Ah, Kuala Lumpur. I've always loved KL. There's is something about the metropolis that evokes a sense of belonging in me. Perhaps it's because I live in KL despite having a home situated far away from the hustle and bustle of explicit urbanity. Or maybe it's because I am barely offered an opportunity to go downtown, and therefore, it evokes curiosity as to what lies behind the facades of the abundant mercantile establishments and the state of the art infrastructure (not really, actually) and towering skyscrapers. While I can find most of my daily necessities and shopping hot spots in Petaling Jaya, which is much nearer to where I live as compared to KL, nothing beats KL where cultural diversity remains in tact and where richness in history can be seen through the emblems of independence displayed by the city. In spite of the intolerable traffic congestion, the preposterous parking fees and the constant ripoffs by avaricious taxi drivers, Kuala Lumpur is a city I just couldn't help falling in love with, flaws and all. I am and will always be an urbanite at heart.

So I see my blog post has evolved into a proclamation of my love towards KL. Well then, I guess I'll just end with some photos I took about 2 or 3 years ago. Ah, those rebellious days of lying to my parents that I was going to KL with a large group of peers, when in actuality I was scouring the streets of the metropolis with merely an avid photographer for company. Well, I'm definitely not proud of it and I've grown since then.

But here goes.










No comments:

Post a Comment